Nominations for the William B. Long, III Meritorious Achievement Award
CWIS is calling for nominations for William B Long, III Meritorious Achievement Award to be awarded at the 2024 Chest Wall Injury Summit in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America.
Criteria for Selection:
- scientific publications and presentations
- national and international stature
- impact as a teacher and mentor
- contributions and volunteer service
The nomination process (including supporting documentation necessary) is provided in the information document below.
NOMINATION DUE DATE: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
(Incomplete nominations will not be considered)
Award Namesake - Dr. Bill Long
Dr. Long enjoyed a career of impactful work across a diverse range of topics. He became an international authority on the mathematics of trauma scores, cardiothoracic trauma resuscitation, and the components of a Level I trauma center. Through these endeavors he expanded and dedicated his expertise to chest wall reconstruction, which ultimately laid the ground work for countless healthcare professionals to follow.
Some of his many career highlights include:
- Primary clinical activity is thoracic surgery with a focus on chest trauma and chest wall reconstruction
- Extensive bibliography includes over 130 publications, numerous book chapters, a co-authored book and several papers on medical decision making
- Holds several patents for medical devices that have been developed and tested through the Legacy Research Institute
The Chest Wall Injury Society is proud to have Dr. Bill Long as a dedicated member and continued thought-leader - and to celebrate his accomplishments through this award given to one deserving recipient annually in honor of the work Dr. Long started.